Monday, August 31, 2009

FO: Socks. . . from last year

DSCF4570_1231718517

Last Christmas I decided to make a pair of socks for my father. I found an interesting pattern, and went on my merry way.

I found out a lot about knitting when I was working on these socks. The first thing, I absolutely love knitting in the round. The first two rows are always annoying and I feel like an octopus who can’t use their tentacles properly.

But that feeling disappears by the third or fourth row.  Secondly, turning a heel is easy. The second I started knitting the short rows I was in heaven.

The pattern itself is a simple mistake rib worked over an even number of stitches. The yarn I used was Paton Wool Merino in a dark grey mix. It’s a wonderful yarn, warm and perfect to knit with. but the next time I knit a pair of socks I’m going to be looking for a super wash so I can toss them in the washer.

More FO’s to come.

Blogger Labels: FO,socks,Knitting,yarn,Paton,Wool,Merino

No comments: